Commonly known as the Little White House, this building at 1520 H Street NW, Washington, DC, was headquarters for NASA from its conception until October 20, 1961. It was built in 1830 by Benjamin Tayloe, who was its first occupant. Later, in 1837, it became the home of Mrs. Dolly Payne Madison, wife of President James Madison. She lived there until 1849, and it is now known as the Dolley Madison House.
Little White House Little White House 2 Little White House 3 Little White House Plaque NASA Administration Office Plaque
Steve Garber, NASA History Web Curator
For further information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated February 8, 2005