National Aeronautics and Space Administration
NASA History Division
The Apollo 11 Flight Journal
David Woods, Ken MacTaggart and Frank O'Brien
Welcome to this 29 March 2011 release of the Apollo 11 Flight Journal, part of the Apollo Flight Journal series.
Like its companion, the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal, it is intended to be a resource for all those interested in the Apollo program, whether in a passing or scholarly capacity.
This journal covers the flight of Apollo 11, eventually from launch to splashdown. As a
living document, it will continue to grow and evolve and major changes will be intimated in the appropriate internet groups.
Journals for other Apollo flights are available at the AFJ Portal.
Travelling from the Earth to the Moon
Homeward Journey to Earth
Apollo 11 Documents (with thanks to Bob Andrepont)
- Apollo 11 Mission Report (ALSJ) Alternate Source
- Apollo 11 mission report - 1971 Version
- Apollo 11 Mission Report, Supplement 5: Performance of Lunar Module Reaction Control Systems
- Apollo 11 mission report, supplement 10: Communications system performance
- Apollo 11 Mission Operations Report (AS-506) Pre-Launch Information part 1
- Apollo 11 Mission Operations Report (AS-506) Pre-Launch Information part 2
- Apollo 11 Mission Mission Operations Report(AS-506) Post-Launch Information
- Apollo 11 Presskit part 1
- Apollo 11 Presskit part 2
- In This Decade-Mission to the Moon
- Apollo 11 Preliminary Science Report (ALSJ)
- Apollo 11 Technical Crew Debriefing (ALSJ)
- Apollo 11 Technical Crew Debriefing in Original Format (html) (ALSJ)
- AS-506 (Apollo 11) Technical Information summary
- Apollo 11 Saturn V Report
- Apollo/Saturn 5 Postflight Trajectory: AS-506
- Apollo 11 Flight Plan (ALSJ)
- Apollo 11 Final Lunar Surface Procedures (ALSJ)
- Apollo 11 Sample Catalog (ALSJ)
- EASEP Background (ALSJ)
- Flight Transcripts (Will open to a html page) (JSC)
- Flight Operations Reunion for the Apollo 11 20th Anniversary of the First Manned Lunar Landing
- Apollo 11 photography 70-mm, 16-mm, and 35-mm index
- Apollo 11 photography - 70-mm, 16-mm, and 35-mm frame index
- Apollo 11 photography index (70mm and 16mm)
- Apollo mission 11, trajectory reconstruction and postflight analysis, volume 1
- Westinghouse Lunar Camera Manual (ALSJ)
- Apollo 11 Crew Training Summary (ALSJ)
- Apollo 11 Entry Postflight Analysis
- Lunar landmark locations - Apollo 8, 10, 11, and 12 missions
- Apollo 11 Mission Rules (ALSJ)
- LM-5 BPA factory operations test plan
Correspondence regarding corrections, additions and typographic errors are welcome and should be sent to David Woods at , Ken MacTaggart at or to Frank O'Brien at . The most recent updates to the Journal are listed in the updates file.
The corrected transcript, commentary, and other text incorporated in the Apollo Flight Journal is protected by copyright. No portion of the Journal may be reproduced or copied onto any medium (except as required by browsing software) without express permission from the authors. Specifically, the unauthorized creation of personal copies, or of copies for sale is prohibited. Unauthorized commercial use of the Apollo Flight Journal is prohibited; and the commercial use of the name or likeness of any of the astronauts without his express permission is prohibited.
The United States Government retains a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publish or reproduce the published form of the Apollo Flight Journal, or to allow others to do so, for U.S. Government purposes.
These files are copyright © 2008 - 2010. W. David Woods, Kenneth D. MacTaggart and Frank O'Brien.
Last updated 2011-03-29