Report of the PRESIDENTIAL COMMISSION
on the Space Shuttle Challenger Accident
Volume 4 Index
Hearings of the Presidential
Commission on the Space Shuttle Challenger Accident: February 6, 1986
to February 25, 1986
FEBRUARY 10, 1986 SESSION
 [Ref. 2/10-20]
- Billet informal direction - July
- Drawing release with informal direction -
- ECP delivered to MSFC - 20 Jan 1986
- Rohr/Ladish acceleration informal
discussions- 4 Feb 1986.
- Planned formal release to Rohr - 14 Feb
- Will deliver first parts - August
 [Ref. 2/10-21]
Concepts Implemented in QM-5.
- 0.292 in. diameter O-ring in center and
aft field joints (vs 0.280 standard)
- Turcon spacer plus standard 0.275 in.
diameter O-ring in nozzle joint (see chart D-2b)
- Vertical assembly of QM-5 nozzle.
- Inmont-Canada putty in all field joints
and in nozzle joint using currently demonstrated layup