|Please scroll down the results page when search is completed.|
|History of the Space Shuttle ||
- The Flights of the Space Shuttle : Basic information about each mission in the Space Shuttle.
- Space Shuttle Orbiter : Technical details on the orbiter.
- Shuttle History Archive at Kennedy Space Center : A fine collection of materials relating to each Space Shuttle mission including an impressive collection of images.
- Shuttle Press Kits: Rich Orloff has scanned and formatted press kits for all the Shuttle flights except for dedicated DoD missions
- Space Shuttle Fact Sheet
- 25th Anniversary, United States Space Shuttle Firsts: KSC Historical Report 19, KHR-19, Rev. April 2006. This summary of the United States Space Shuttle Program firsts was compiled from various
reference publications available in the Kennedy Space Center Library Archives.
Papers and Technical Information
- Space Shuttle Upgrades : Info on the "glass cockpit" and other advanced technologies.
- Space Shuttle News Reference Manual: this is a good resource for basic technical data.
- Lessons Learned From Flights of "Off the Shelf" Aviation Navigation Units on the Space Shuttle . A paper arguing that lessons learned from early attempts to use atmospheric flight navigation should be studied to lower the probability of schedule slips and cost overruns on future programs.
- A Software Perspective on GNSS Receiver Integration and Operation . A paper arguing that lack of insight into GNSS software complicates the integration and test process.
- Space Shuttle Computers and Avionics. A list of papers on Space Shuttle avionics.
- Space Shuttle Drawings and Technical Diagrams. Space Shuttle orbiter technical diagrams from Space Shuttle News Reference (NASA).
- National Space Transportation System : A Good Overview of the Space Shuttle From 1988. Thanks to volunteer Chris Gamble for scanning and formatting this document for the Web.
- Space Shuttle Avionics Sytstem : NASA-SP-504 by John F. Hanaway and Robert W. Moorehead, 1989.
- Shuttle Operational Data Book : commonly called the "green book," this is a good reference work containing technical data that is updated by the Johnson Space Center. (If an individual pdf file appears blank, trying reloading that page.)
- The Space Shuttle Decision: NASA's Search for a Reusable Space Vehicle (NASA SP-4221) by T.A. Heppenheimer is an excellent historical account of the political decision to build the Shuttle.
- The Space Shuttle at Work (NASA SP-432/EP-156, 1979) This relatively short publication provides some excellent basic information on the Shuttle. Thanks to volunteer Chris Gamble for scanning and formatting this document for the Web.
- Toward a History of the Space Shuttle: An Annotated Bibliography : This is an annotated bibliography of historical books, articles, and studies about the Space Shuttle, originally published in 1992. Part 2 is available as Monographs in Aerospace History, No. 49.
- Wings in Orbit: Scientific and Engineering Legacies of the Space Shuttle. (NASA SP-2010-3409). Executive Editor: Wayne Hale. "This book, written by the men and women who made the program possible, will serve as an excellent reference for building future space vehicles."
- Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of STS-1: STS-1 anniversary page with information and photos pertaining to the April 12, 1981 first launch of the Space Shuttle.
- Information on the Flight of STS-51L, Challenger : A collection of documents and information about the 1986 fatal flight.
- Remembering Columbia (STS-107) Information on the February 2003 accident and the STS-107 mission and crew.
Steve Garber, NASA History Web Curator
Site design by NASA HQ Printing & Design
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org