NASA Oral History Collections
Headquarters: Please follow this link to a searchable PDF document that lists the available oral histories in the NASA Historical Reference Collection. Please contact our archival staff to make an in-person appointment to view and/or photocopy these files.
Field Centers : Please follow this link
to a searchable Excel spreadsheet that lists the oral
history collections at the 10 NASA Field Centers. Some Centers,
such as the Johnson Space Center, have their oral history
collections on-line and this spreadsheet includes appropriate
Oral History Release Form: NASA History contractors should use this form.
Other Useful Links About the Craft of Oral History :
Newly digitized - from the HQ Historical Reference Collection, five Neil Armstrong transcripts :
- World Book Encyclopedia Science Series interview from 1966.
- Oral history interview by Peter Vorzimmer from April 6, 1967 on Gemini program, Gemini scientific experiments, Gemini 5 flight, Gemini 8 flight, and astronaut training.
- Oral history interview by William Cromie from February 1969 on astronaut training, Apollo 11 flight, and thoughts on fame if the lunar landing was successful.
- Oral history interview by Robert Brooks from May, 20, 1974 on the fifth anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing, and the Apollo 11 flight.
- Press Conference held on July 20, 1979 for the 10th Anniversary of Apollo 11 Moon Landing, Apollo 11 flight.