1950s - 1960s - 1970s - 1980s - 1990s - 2000 and on
- National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958, as amended with legislative history showing changes over time. Thanks to Laura Burns from the Office of General Counsel for providing this "codified" version on August 25, 2008.
- NASA Future Program Task Group, January 1965. Part 1 (3 MB pdf file) or Part 2 (4 MB pdf file)
- The Outer Space Treaty of 1967 - The United Nations "Treaty on principles governing the activities of states in the exploration and use of outer space, including the Moon and other celestial bodies."
- Carter Space Program Transition Team Report, January 1977: Part 1 (2MB pdf file) or Part 2 (3MB pdf file)
- Exploring the Moon and Mars: Choices for the Nation, OTA Report for Congress, July 1991: Click here for 3MB pdf file.
- The Future of the U.S. Space Industrial Base, November 1992 (A Task Group Report): Part 1 (4MB pdf file) or Part 2 (3MB pdf file)
- A Post Cold War Assessment of U.S. Space Policy, December 1992 (Task Group Report): Part 1 (2MB pdf file) or Part 2 (3MB pdf file)
- Final report to the President on the U.S. Space Program, January 1993: Part 1 (3MB pdf file) or Part 2 (3MB pdf file)
2000 and on
- A Renewed Commitment to Excellence: An Assessment of the NASA Agency-wide Applicability of the Columbia Accident Investigation Board Report, January 30, 2004 (the Diaz Report) Executive Summary or
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 of the full report.
- Presidential Memorandum on Reinvigorating America's Human Space Exploration Program
(Space Policy Directive-1) (Amendment to the June 28, 2010 National Space Policy), December 11, 2017
- Presidential Space Policy Directive-2, on Commercial Space, May 24, 2018
- Presidential Space Policy Directive-3, on Space Traffic Management, June 18, 2018
- Presidential Space Directive-4, on the establishment of the U.S. Space Force, February 19, 2019
- Presidential Space Directive-5, on Cybersecurity for Space Systems, September 4, 2020
- National Space Policy, December 9, 2020
- Presidential Space Directive-6, on Space Nuclear Power and Propulsion, December 16, 2020
Other Interesting Non-NASA Sites with Space Policy Documents:
Steve Garber, NASA History Web Curator
Site design by NASA HQ Printing & Design
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org